Thursday, October 16, 2008

knit sweater pattern

Let me start by introducing you to the five stitch types that I believe are at the very heart of knitting! When I have spent hours working on knitting a sweater, I want to make sure it looks as good after a dozen washes as it did the day I was knitting it.

Egyptian artifacts and art have led many historians to credit the creation of knitting as a way to design clothing to the Egyptians. I read somewhere that if it's mild enough but effective enough for my hair it must be good enough for my knitting. If you are crafty at all, try your hand at knitting a baby blanket.

The knit stitch is formed by making loops which interweave with one another; one after another. All you need to start knitting are knitting needles, yarn and good patterns or instructions. In the more complex double knitting, two or more yarns alternate repeatedly within one row and all the yarns must be carried along the row, as seen in Fair Isle sweaters.

Even a beginner can make a simple scarf with novelty yarn in just a few hours, and have it look just fantastic. Even if you're a pretty proficient knitter, this isn't the time to learn a new technique or work with a skinny fingering-weight yarn that will take forever to knit up.

free knitting patterns toy cat for beginners. free beginner knitting patterns - what you need to know. free knitting patterns leg warmers for beginners.

No comments: